Legislative Meeting Schedule - December 3-13, 2002
House Full Committee Room A 12/3/02 9:00 am
John L O’Brien Bldg.
Work Session 9-5 pm
1. High Stakes Testing
2. Certificate of Masteries issues
3. Commission on the A+ Commission’s governance and assessment findings in North Carolina, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.
4. Working with stakeholders on education reform issues.
5. Results of the Education Committee’s survey and interim meetings around the state.
House full committee December 4. 9:00 am John L. O’Brien Bldg. Room B
Work session 9-5 pm
Continuation of Dec. 3 meeting.
Creating a committee response to the issues addressed during that meeting.
House full committee December 5 1:30 pm John L. O.Brien Bldg Room A
Work Session Educational governance
1. Washington’s education performance model.
2. Governance models in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, North Carolina, Connecticut, and other states.
3. Governance issues.
House Full Committee Jt. w/Senate Ways and Means Senate Hearing Room 4 10:00 am J.A. Cherberg Bldg Olympia
Presentation of the final report of the Washington Tax Structure Study Group.
Bill Gates, Sr. Chair
Hugh Spitzer, Vice -Chair
House Full Committee Hearing Room B 12/5/02 1:30 pm John L. O’Brien Bldg.
1. Report of Workforce Board on SHB 3077 (2000)
2. Report of Accountancy Board on E2SSB 5593 (2001)
Senate Full Committee Hearing Room 1 J. A. Cherberg Bldg.
Work Session TO BE ANNOUNCED
Ways & Means Senate full committee Jt. w/ House Finance Senate Room 4 12/3/02 10 am Cherberg Bldg.
Work Session Presentation of the final report of the Washington Tax
Structure Study Group Bill Gates, Sr. Chair and Hugh Spitzer, V- Chair
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only. [Ref. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml]